BUILDEX Vancouver recently wrapped up for 2019 – and Joe was there representing Naikoon!
Every year, the city plays host to BUILDEX Vancouver – Western Canada’s largest Architecture and Design event. This year, the February 13-14 event had over 600 exhibits and 90 educational seminars. One of those seminars was about Naikoon’s own West Vancouver Passive House!
In addition to Joe, the seminar was hosted by James Dean from Core Energy Recovery Solutions. Stuart Hood from Integral group, Bettina Balcaen from BattersbyHowat Architects Inc., and Marcel Studer from Econ Group.
At their BUILDEX Vancouver seminar, Joe and the rest of the panel focused on a few key Passive House topics, including:
- The history of the Passive House
- The location and orientation of Naikoon’s West Vancouver Passive House
- Bettina Balcean’s design and what aspects she had to consider when planning a Passive House
- The structural design and assembly of our West Vancouver Passive House
- Airtightness testing
- Where we got the components for our West Vancouver Passive House
If you missed the Passive House seminar at BUILDEX Vancouver…
We know not everyone could make it to this year’s BUILDEX Vancouver. If you want to hear Joe and the rest of the experts speaking, you can watch the entire seminar here or scroll down to the bottom of this blog post! Thank you to CORE for providing that video!
You can also catch Joe speaking about Naikoon’s West Vancouver Passive House and the Passive House movement in the Design Quarterly.
Congratulations to Joe, Stuart, Bettina, Marcel and James on such an incredible and informative seminar session!