Put on by the North Vancouver Chamber, the 22nd annual Business Excellence Awards recognizes the best North Vancouver businesses in service, innovation, sustainability, and the best young entrepreneurs, best employers and business of the year in the North Vancouver area.
The 22nd annual Business Excellence Awards & Gala
Every Year, the North Vancouver Chamber organizes a beautiful Awards Gala at the Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier which our president, Joe and a few of the Naikoon Leadership group attended.
One of our favourite parts about the awards is getting to celebrate the hard work of our team and other businesses in the North Vancouver Area. The Gala allowed us to catch up with our fellow North Vancouver business owners and learning more about the many exciting things North Vancouver businesses do. We also enjoyed sharing information about some of our most exciting projects, including the first CHBA Net Zero certified home in Metro Vancouver we just completed!
We then sat down for a fabulous dinner, followed by the ceremony where all the finalists in all categories were introduced with some wonderful videos made by the talented student teams of the Capilano University School of Motion Picture Arts.
Check out the video about Naikoon! Many thanks to Dyson Bissonnette-Licorish, Roberto Cando, Grace Hardman, Rachel Kwan, James Thornley-Hall and Nicole Watson!
(Featured project in video: West Bay Net Zero Passive House)
The Sustainability Award
We were thrilled to win the sustainability award!
“The Sustainability Award is presented to an exceptional North Vancouver business that exemplifies leadership and commitment to sustainable business practices and initiatives, demonstrated by:
- Sustained reduction or improved efficiency in waste outputs, energy usage or environmental impact of their operations;
- Projects, programs, processes, systems, technologies or employee engagement to reduce the environmental footprint of their business;
- Growth, development and leadership standards supporting sustainability which provide a role model for others to emulate;
- Demonstrated community leadership in establishing sustainability initiatives or standards that have become linked to the company’s public identity;
- Milestones and measurable accomplishments that demonstrate effective sustainable operations.“
Thank you to our entire Naikoon team, our many employees, and the other professionals we partner with! Building quality, well-built homes using sustainable construction practices wouldn’t be possible without you. This award celebrates all of your incredible efforts!