North Vancouver, BC
Built Green Canada – Platinum
- Locally sourced Douglas fir timbers and western red cedar
- Slat wall made from reclaimed fir beams, milled and finished onsite
- Radius green roof
Winton is one of the first new homes in BC to achieve the Energy Star for New Homes standard. Promoted by Natural Resources Canada, homes with the Energy Star label are 20% more energy efficient (on average) than those built to building code standards. For the client, that means reduced energy consumption and lower utility bills. Win-win.
During the dog days of August’s water restrictions, the newly finished landscaping was maintained using the 4,200-litre rainwater storage tank we buried under the driveway.
We wanted the exterior design to remind us of a modern chalet one might see in Whistler. Inside, the house is open and simple—and it keeps energy costs to a minimum. With three kids, we use lots of household energy on a daily basis. —Travis Cadieu, Client
- 2016CHBA BC Georgie AwardsBest Certified Home: Custom
- 2016CHA BC Georgie AwardsBest Environmental Initiative
- 2016CHA BC Georgie AwardsCustom Home: $750K - under $1.5M
- 2016HAVAN Ovation AwardsFortisBC Excellence in Energy Efficiency in New Residential Construction
- 2016HAVAN Ovation Awards Excellence in Innovation and Sustainability in New Residential Construction
- 2016HAVAN Ovation AwardsCustom Home: $750K - under $1.5M